Ticker

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Introducing my new best friend Dory!

In my family we rotate through each sibling.  This year my older brother had me.  He knows how I have been running.  He gave me a new garmin!  It does amazing things!  
I thought long and hard about her name.  I have settled on Dory from Finding Nemo.   "Just keep swimming (running)" seems like a good motto for me.  Dory was also always lost.  :)
Here is a glimpse at what Dory does for me....
Untitled by megrover6 at Garmin Connect - Details

I need to admit that I didnt run for almost 2 weeks.  I am back on track with it.  I have run 3 times this week so far.  Tonight I ran 5 miles.  The first mile was my fastest ever....11 min mile.  The 2nd mile.....well it sucked!  I had a terrible cramp in my abdomen.  Then miles 3-4 were pretty effortless.  About halfway through mile 5 I was ready to be done.
Murn

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how you do it. I ran 4 times around the track and then called it quits. Ug. You're a champ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love minee! have i told you i'm a week from a half-marathon!? MUCH inspired by you that i could ever run more than 3 miles! i have to run FAR from my car so i'm forced to run back to it! and i love having the watch to keep track!

    ReplyDelete