Ticker

Friday, February 26, 2010

In the beginning!




Hello World! Welcome to my blog! My name is Marion but I am mostly called "Murn." I am a 33 year old Emergency Department nurse living in the San Francisco Bay area. I am single. I am FAT! I have been fat all of my life. I have decided 2010 is going to be my year to change that. 2010 is my year. One of my best friends came to visit me and suggested I do a blog to track my progress....so here it is. I am not sure my life is that interesting but I am hoping to track my changes here as well as anything else life throws my way.
I started my weight loss journey on 1/4/10. I knew that was my starting date for months before the day came. I guess it was somewhat like when someone stops smoking.....set a date. I am doing the weight watchers program. I have done weight watchers many many times but never for this long! I have 2 friends going to the meetings with me. Its been great having the support of them going through this with me. I also have a best friend in Mississippi that I spend a LOT of time talking about weight loss with and he is also on the journey of loosing weight.
Besides weight watchers I have taken up going for walks. My ultimate dream is to be a runner. Both of my parents jog. I would love to be able to go for a 6 mile run. I am not there yet so I am walking. I hope to show great walking spots in the bay area in this blog.
On 1/4/10 I weighed 271.8, which is my heaviest...I hope ever! On 2/22/10 I was 252.8 at my weight watchers meeting....for a total loss of 19 lbs. I am happy with that but have a lot longer to go. By 2011 I want to be under 200lbs for the first time in my adult life.

So that is me. This is my journey. I will be posting many things on here that are not about my weight loss. I have finally put me first on my list and am making this happen!

1 comment:

  1. How awesome that you are documenting your weight loss journey with a blog! Also, congrats on what you've accomplished so far. That's awesome that you have started exercising. WW is a GREAT way to lose weight and make life long changes at the same time. I'm so excited for you. I am really happy that you are finally putting yourself first because you deserve it. It's been a while since I've seen a weight starting with a 1-- too, so once I pop out baby #2 in September, I will join you! Good luck and know that you've got unconditional love and support from your ol' BFF! Miss you girl. - Allison 'Erath' Shipp

    ReplyDelete