Ticker

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

3 Point dinner!

Last night I made dinner for Meg and me.  I made my veggie soup.  I think I have put the recipe on here before but its super easy....
32 Oz fat free chicken broth
veggies (I used 2 zucchini, 1 red bell pepper and 2 carrots)
2 cloves of garlic

Boil veggies in broth til tender (about 20-30 min).  Put soup in blender or use the blender that goes in the pot.  
Add 2 T light sour cream.  blend more.  
makes 4 servings at 1 point each.  

At costco I got a bag of brussel sprouts.  They are something I have learned I love.  We did not eat them as kids.  I am sure we would not of touched them.  I cut them up in quarters.  Put them in a zip lock bag with about 1-2T olive oil and a few sliced almonds.  Tonight I added Tony Casheries cajan seasoning (yes...they were so good yeasterday I am cooking more right now!)
I then baked them for about 25 min at 450 degrees.
Delicious!

Enjoy!
I did go to the gym with Jewell tonight.  Did 2 pathetic miles on the treadmill mostly running.  I am still hurting from my 5 mile run yesterday.  I then got back in the pool after not swimming in a while.  I did my 1/2 mile.
Murn

2 comments:

  1. I love brussels. I'm going to have to try them this way, they look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so yummy! I'm not a huge fan of brussel sprouts but we have them from time to time, that looks like a great way to prepare them :)

    ReplyDelete