Ticker

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

much better this week

Last week I had a really hard time.  There were a lot of changes going on in my life.  I dont deal with change well.  Most of the changes I dont really want to go into on here.  ONe of the biggest changes is that I am now working in a big beautiful new Emergency Dept.  The transition went as well as any one can expect but its always hard to work in a new place.  As a nurse many times you know what you need to give good care....it was frustrating to not know where to find what you needed!  It is getting better every single day that I work.  Another thing that has been hard (yes...get ready to moan) is dealing with all the comments about my weight loss.  I am not use to being the object of attention and last week I seemed to get a lot.  I didnt deal with it well.
I am happy to say that all is calming down in my life.  I have also been told by several people (and I agree) that a few sessions with a councilor might be helpful.  I need to get my head wrapped around my new self because I need to learn to love my new me and move forward and not miss the old me.  I went to my first session today and I think it will be helpful.  I dont really want to talk about this with people....so if I have not talked about it with you....please dont ask me about it.  :)  Thanks!  It is a personal thing that I am willing to put on here that I am struggling and getting help but dont want to chat about all of my issues with everyone.  Much appreciated!

On a different note....Tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  I am not working!!  Woohooo!  My friend Mia is having a bunch of us nurses over to have turkey with all the fixins.  In the morning I am going to  10K Turkey Trot with my friend Holly.  I am running purely so I can eat a big ole slice of Pecan (said in my best southern voice) Pie!  MMMMMM!!!  How I love thee!

I am so thankful for so many things but mostly my family and friends.
Murn

1 comment:

  1. Marion I think you are approaching things so positively! You go girl! (And War Eagle.) Love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete