Ticker

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

One Year!

Today marks one year from where I started.  I have offically lost 77lbs in that year.  Today also marks when I am kicking it back into gear to start losing again.  Since Oct I have been mostly ok with just maintaining being under 200.  I am done being in the 190s.  My dear friend said to me today...."2011 is about finishing what we started last year!"  Amen!

So I started out gun-ho about being strict and counting points starting today.  I have not been counting points and have been just eye-balling portions etc.  I was able to maintain but its time to get back to the basics.  My sister had twins last week.  She lives in minnesota.  I flew to minnesota today to come see her and her expanding family(stay tuned for pictures soon!)  Wow...I forgot how hard it is to ear healthy when traveling.  When I am traveling I love to carb load.  I dont know why!  I do it on car trips as well as plane rides.  Here is what I had today:
breakfast: WW 4 point breakfast sandwich
Lunch: ham and turkey sandwich on rye and top off top slice of bread.  (I dont really like rye bread anyways!)  I really wanted chips but I resisted.  (yay!  Small feat!)
Dinner- Roast beef sandwich on the plane.  Not a great sandwich but was bored and hungry so I ate it.
When i got to my sisters I had a small bowl of greek yogurt with a spot of honey on it and an apple.  I am guestimating that I had about 28 points today.  I am aiming for 24 so thats not terrible considering.

I am really resisting switching to the new weight watchers program but I might have to give in and do it. I am still pissy about having to buy all new books etc.  I brought my old slider on the trip and am going to see if I can do it without the web site.  Any of you doing weight watchers?  HOw different are the new points from the old ones?

Wanted to recap a few big deals for me in the last year associated with my weight.
* I can wear most stores XL....no more lane bryant for my clothes!  I can shop where normal people shop
*I didnt have anxiety about the seat belt on the plane fitting me today.  It fit and I even tightened it a bit.  I realize many of you have no idea what I am talking about.
*Being able to run 5+ miles.  Who would of thought I would be training for a 1/2 marathon???  I can say now that I am a runner!

I really think these next 30lbs will make a big difference in how I look and hot clothes look on me.  I am excited!  The first 50 really were hard to see but the last 25 made a difference.  You guys can let me know!  I am going to be doing my official weigh in on mondays still.  I am not sure about my sister's scale (or if she even has one!) so it might be delayed.  My gaol for when I get home is to be 192...we'll see!

Thanks for all the support!
Murn

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted, Marion. Dan keeps asking me if you've weighed in lately. You look great! Hooray for no more Lane Bryant! I can't wait to see Sarah's babies. Have fun with the fam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your recap of 2010! Those are big accomplishments, and I know what you mean about those stupid airplane seats and seatbelts!

    Inspired by you, I have officially started Weight Watchers again. My starting weight is 238 from the WW scale and 240 from my home scale. Ugh...

    Anyway, so far I have been using the website with the new PointsPlus. I really like it, but I also wasn't already very comfortable with the old system. I'm going to the meeting today to hear about it. When I weighed in on Monday the lady told me that she LOVED the new system. She has been a lifetimer for 15 years and said that she can already see a difference with the new system whereas she was stuck in a rut with the old system for a while.

    So...whatever you decide...good luck!

    ReplyDelete