Ticker

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Football, Family, Home, Love and Lean on Me!



 I saw this on a friends Facebook post.  I posted it on my facebook page too so I am sorry if you are my friend and have already seen it.  I love this video.  I am not sure if I can explain why I love it so much but here is my attempt at it:

Football represents home to me.
A group of people all cheering together....with the same feeling of hope.
A group of people all who all love the same thing.  
In my case its a group all loving the Auburn Tigers.
Its a group gathering on a street corner to roll a tree, screaming cheers and love it!
Happiness is teaching the traditions to the next generation and watching them love it too.
It is senseless, but it makes sense to us...and we look forward to it.
I love Auburn. 
Auburn is home.
Auburn will always be home.
Home is comfort.
Home is peaceful, easy and feeling like you belong just how you are.
Home is family.
Family is more than blood.
Family is tradition.
Football is tradition.
Families can look very different.
Family are those that love you even when you are ugly.
Family are those that reach out when you want to be reached to the very least.
Family is who you can lean on.
I have a family that I think of in Auburn that I was born into.
I love them.
I have a California family too.
I do not share blood with most of my California family.
I love them too.
I lean on both.  
Both love me.
Without my family I could not be all that I am.
Without family I could not of succeeded in my weight loss journey.
I hope sometimes they can lean on me like I lean on them.
Home is love.
Family is unconditional love.
I feel very loved.
We can all use more love and family in our corner cheering for us.  
I have an amazing family around me.

I am not sure I explained it well but I love football and family.  Both are very close in meaning for me.  Seems crazy I know but it makes me happy and makes sense in my head.  Lean on me!  Its what Families do!
Murn (I just couldn't sign in my normal red color when I have a post about Auburn.  Seemed sac-religious!  War Eagle!)

2 comments:

  1. Murn!! I LOVE this post! I am crying right now (in a good way). Other than the fact that my family moved away from Auburn after the kids grew up, I feel EXACTLY the same way! Your description of it was beautiful. War Eagle!

    ReplyDelete