Ticker

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Just Hold On

As I have mentioned in the past few posts....I have been struggling with my weight loss.  I am still working on on it but this week I have really been trying to put new things in place to help me.  There is a book...."A Million Little Pieces" This book was one of the Oprah books.  I admit that I usually love all things Oprah...except her book selections!  Well this book was about a guy who was overcoming addiction.  It came out later that he made up a good part of this story...blah blah blah.  I still got a lot out of the book.  I can recognize that my relationship with food is not different from an addict to Heroine....except mine is much more socially acceptable.  
In this book James has a phrase he says when he is Jonesing for drugs....He just keeps saying "just hold on" and he knows the strong desire for drugs will pass.  This has been something that I have used in the past in attempts to lose weight.  I have not really used it this time....til now.  Last week I felt I needed a phrase to say.  I was talking to my friend Lance and he reminded me of how powerful I felt this phrase was in the past.  I suddenly had my phrase.  JUST HOLD ON!  I had a silver bracelet made with it on it and have been wearing it since I got it.
I had a hard time getting a good picture of the bracelet but you get the idea.  Just Hold on!
Murn

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a great idea to get a physical reminder to wear. I did the same thing-- that's why I have been wearing the necklace I bought when I was pregnant with the twins. It has 5 stars representing my 5 kids and reminds me things are not about me right now. I need to focus on my 5 little stars. It has actually helped me get through this special but very physically demanding time in my life. So I think getting your bracelet is a great idea! It recognizes that what you are doing is hard but you can do it!

    ReplyDelete