Ticker

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

one day at a time

I worked today but I had in my mind that I was going to go to the gym after work.  After working 12 hours I must say the last thing I wanted to do tonight was go to the gym....but I did....because I am committed to continuing this journey.  It was not a pretty or easy work out but I did it.  I did not eat perfect today but I journaled everything I ate.  I was a few points over but I earned 9 exercise points so I was in my points.

On a funny note....tonight on the treadmill (aka torture machine) the guy next to me was a young guy who appeared to be in good shape.  Here is the thing....he grunted and moaned the whole time he was on the treadmill!  It was so annoying!!!  I kept thinking....shut up!  I am killing myself over here and you don't hear me grunting loudly!  Just then the song "Shut Up" came on my Ipod by the Black Eyed Peas.  I chucked out loud and then thought of him the whole time it played.  Somehow that made it all ok.  :)

One day at a time.  I am not sure why this is so hard for me to get a handle on.  I guess some days I have to take it a minute at a time.

Murn

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes the gym is the only time I have away from my kids all day. And I have to wait to go until they are in bed...sometimes 9:30. It's not easy to go that late at night but we are AWESOME because we go work out when it's hard. Not when it's easy. Keep going, Marion! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete