Ticker

Thursday, July 22, 2010

mind and body catch up

Today I was getting ready to run around town and get some things done....bank, shopping...you know the stuff you put off til you really can't put them off any more!  I pulled a pair of shorts out my dresser.  They still had the tags on them.  I looked at them and immediately thought...."damn...must of bought these hoping to get in them some day....no way they will fit me now."  I set them to the side and kept looking in the drawer.  I was unable to find any other shorts so I came back to the first pair I pulled out.  I tried them on....and they fit!  I am not sure why I was surprised....I am sure I tried them on when I bought them.  I have been doing a lot of shopping (not much buying) since losing some weight.  I have not been doing a good job keeping track of what I do have and what I don't have.  Apparently I forgot I had a pair of shorts that actually fit.
I still see myself as a size 28 girl.  I am not sure when my mind is going to catch up with my real body.  These shorts i have on are a size 18.  They are from old navy.  I have never ever been able to shop at Old Navy before so its a bit exciting that I can wear them AND they are comfy.
Hope you are having fun finding things you forgot you bought in your closet!
Murn

No comments:

Post a Comment