Ticker

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Numbers dont lie

The health system that I work for wants its employees to be healthy.  In an effort to do this they give us money to have our blood drawn once a year.  I had mine done in March.  My levels were pretty good but I certainly had room for improvement.  I went to my MD and had my labs redrawn this month.  I am proud to say all of my numbers are much better.  Now remember...in March I had been eating right and exercising for 3 months already.  I wish I had my "before" I started doing anything numbers to show the real improvement.  Anyways...here are my numbers....  (I think the nurse in me is more interested in this than I really should be!)
Lab Value/March level.....July Level (Goal Level)

Cholesterol: 180......134 (140-199) 
Triglycerides: 147.......89 (35-149)
HDL (this is the "good cholesterol"): 27....... 36 (40-60) 
Cholesterol ratio: 6.7........3.7 (0.0-4.9)
LDL (lousy cholesterol): 124.......80 (0-129)

I dont think anyone can argue that diet and exercise are helping my body in many more ways than just losing weight!  My total cholesterol had a "L" next to it meaning it was lower than the range!  Who would of ever thought that!?  Certainly not me!
I had a bunch of other labs drawn but I don't think you will care what my CBC showed or my BUN/Creat.  I am a nurse and I only glanced at those.  Nothing exciting to report with them!

I went for a short run this morning then a 15 mile bike ride with Cindy.  We stopped along the way and had a good lunch at a mom and pop cafe.  I made good choices by having a side salad with dressing on the side instead of the french fries.  

HOpe you are having a good day today too and getting out to do something fun!
Murn

No comments:

Post a Comment