Ticker

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Week in Review

I have been a big slacker on blogging.  I will sum up my last week.  I have realized many things through many life events this week.  I have really been trying to pay attention to how I am feeling and figure out healthy ways to deal with those feelings.  One thing I have learned is I will still have problems and issues even after I lose weight.  I know this is a duh statement but I have been severely obese all my life.  It was easy to blame all my problems on that.  Skinny people have problems!  What a concept!  Another big realization is that I am someone that needs a lot of alone time.  I like being at home with Sophie.  Dont get me wrong....I love being out with friends but when about 11pm hits I get very anxious to be home.  I dont like to sleep other places and I like to get home.  I dont know why I am like this.  The older I get....the stronger this need to go home is.  I am getting OLD I guess.  I like my nightly routine.   Enough on my issues.  On to my weeks activities!
Sat I went for a bike ride with Cindy and James on a beautiful trail that goes along the water in Benicia.  
I have a friend named Rob.  Rob and I have been friends since Junior High (I think.)  In high school we would hang out a good bit and I would always do things with him when I was home from college.  Rob was fraternity brothers at Auburn with my brother.  Rob moved out here to go to grad school within a month of me moving out to California to be a nurse.  Over the years we have watched Auburn games with my brother.  I have not seen him in a couple years since he has become a professor at UCLA.  He is engaged to a really nice woman, Kat.  This weekend they were out in the east bay so we met for lunch.  It was really great to see him again.  I always love touching bases with people from my Alabama days!
This week I made a very tasty dish and thought I would share it.  I chopped up 1lb of turkey kelbalsa (I have no idea how to spell that??)  I also chopped up a bunch of brussel sprouts, 2 zucchini,  1 yellow squash, and one red bell pepper.  I sauted these all together for a while till they were starting to wilt.  I then added in some Panda Express Orange Chicken sauce that I get at Costco.  Any sweet and sour sauce would work.  I ate that for 3 days and it was delicious!
Finally I did go to WW today.  Sadly I only lost 0.6 lbs today but a loss is a loss and this last week was an emotional one.  I am determined to have a better week this week.  I have a scrapbooking weekend planned with my friends.  I am going to go to Costco tomorrow and get lots of fruits and veggies for snacking.  Luckily the weekend is taking place at my house so I have more control of the situation.  I am also going to exercise everyday.  I am off this whole week so I have no excuse.  I'll let you know how I do.  One of my big goals is to get down to 207.9lbs.  I have never been that weight in my adult life.  When I did the liquid diet a few years ago I got to 208 for about 30 seconds.  After that under 200 is right around the corner!  
Hope you are having a good week.  Were there any surprising things you found out about yourself when you lost weight?  Let me know what they were!
Murn

1 comment:

  1. I've lost 27 pounds since January. I feel like I have more to go. I thought I'd be happier once the weight was gone too. I'm still the same me on the inside no matter what my outsides look like. I do know that happiness is not found at the bottom of a big ol' bag of chocolate chip cookies!

    ReplyDelete