Ticker

Sunday, April 11, 2010

I'm HOME!

I had a fabulous trip to Gulf Shores, Alabama. My older sister, Sarah and her family came from Minnesota, My aunt from NYC came, my parents from Auburn drove down. My sister's husband's parents came also. I brought my brother's little man from Cal for a fun week with his cousins. I was a bit nervous about how I was going to deal with my weight loss plan there but I think I did ok. I went on 2 walks...one was 5.8 miles and the other was 4 miles. I went on 2 bike rides with my sister and her family. I certainly splurged on a couple of things (cheetos got a little out of hand at lunch one day!) but I tried to be conscious in most of what I ate. I will really know tomorrow after my WW weigh in. I went to the gym after work tonight for my Biggest Loser inspired "last chance work out. I wore a blister on the back of my foot with my new shoes in Alabama. I thought I had given it time to heal but when I got on the treadmill I quickly knew it was not better yet. I did my campus 2 mile bike ride then I went to the pool. I swam 32 laps which I think is 1 mile. Sadly it took me just at an hour to swim that far but I did it.

Here are some pictures form my trip. The first one is at the USS Alabama.
This is the group shot of all of us. It took a couple tried to get one with everyone's eyes open and smiling but I think I got a good one!
This is one of my favorite one of the kids on the beach. They had so much fun playing in the surf and sand. They are really great kids and I am missing the minnesota ones already!
This is me and my sister, Sarah. It was great to spend a week with her. I wish I got to see her more often but love soaking up the time when I get it.
I hope you had a great Easter week. I am working the next 12 days in a row but will be posting!

Murn

3 comments:

  1. Welcome home, I like the new weight loss ticker. ~~Harmony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it. sadly I can not figure out how to update it! Oh well. I will try another day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...that's awesome that you got to have such a great trip at the beach with your family! Makes me miss 'Bama! I loved all of the pics.

    You are doing AWESOME, by the way! I haven't checked in for a little bit, so I was super excited to see your progress while I was MIA! Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete