Ticker

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New Ground being covered

First of all I want to say I just read my last 2 posts (mainly cause my mom emailed me that she found them amusing and I really didnt remember what I had written that was funny!) I need to proof my posts prior to posting them. I will try to be better but I am a terrible speller and I am promising to not have that change!

I went to the gym tonight. When I am at the gym I usually have time to think. Typically I think about what I am going to blog. I also do a lot of talking to myself.....like trying to talk myself into staying on whatever piece of equipment is trying to kill me with a SLOW death. Here is a typical conversation I have with myself on the treadmill:
"No...you will not die....keep going....just 2 more minutes...what is 2 minutes?...its shorter than time to boil water in the microwave...its nothing....damn.....still have 1 minute 55 seconds to go.....thats not that long....just a few more steps....keep running.....do you want to be fat?....you can quit and keep your life the way it is.....arg...1 min 50 secs to go. "
Tonight I started thinking about this being my 14th week. I dont think I have stayed with any "diet" this long. I know this is my future life but it is a little satisfying that I am still going strong. I went to the gym today after teaching a computer class all day. I did 2 miles on the treadmill, 2.3 miles (with a lot of hills) on the bike, and I swam 24 laps.

I am sorry I dont have any pictures to post. I will try to charge up my camera and get some taken. The battery is still dead since my trip! Have to be at work at 5 am!!! So I am heading to bed!
Murn

1 comment:

  1. The stupid countdown is what kills me too. Don't look at it. Grab a little towel and cover it up. I hold my book over it (if it's possible and if I have a book). Watch the t.v. (if your gym has them) or read or listen to music...just don't look at the time. You're doing great, Marion!

    ReplyDelete