Ticker

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bike ride

Ever have a day when it feels like work is trying to kill you?  Well last night I was at work til after midnight.  I had to call in for a conference call at 7:30 this morning.  I guess its not too bad when you can call in from the comfort of your own bed!  Anyways, while I was laying in bed on my conference call I started thinking about what exercise I was going to tackle today.  I texted Laura (ER nurses are spectacular at multitasking!) to see if she wanted to run or bike.  She did!
So Laura and I went for a bike ride.  I was a bit nervous since I have not been on the bike for a couple of weeks.  Running must strengthen the muscles for bike riding because it was the easiest ride so far!  I felt great!  We rode from my house in walnut creek to San Ramon and back for a total of 30 miles!  We didn't even stop at our traditional  stop at Whole Foods.  Love my bike rides and great conversation with Laura! Even in 90 degree heat!

Murn

No comments:

Post a Comment