Ticker

Friday, August 27, 2010

Headin Home!

I know there are the southern stereotypes.  People throw a southern accent on with bad grammar when they are trying to imitate stupid people.  I get it.  But I dont agree with it.  I am heading home to Alabama tomorrow and I could not be more excited.  I have not been home to my hometown (I went to the coast in April) of Auburn since Thanksgiving and that is too long.  My older sister is going to be there with her 3 kids (and 2 more in her tummy!!) as well as my parents.  I cant wait to get on the Delta flight out of San Francisco and start hearing those southern accents fly!  That is the sweet sound of home to me!  I love southern people and their kindness and hospitality!  I love southern food!  I love how green everything is in Alabama!  I love cooking with my mom and fishin with my dad.  There is truely no place like home!


A week from Sat I am going to be walking into Jordan Hare (pronounced Jurdan) Stadium with 86,000 other fans to cheer on my Auburn Tigers!  WAR EAGLE!!!
I hope to fit some exercise in and some good southern food.  I will hit the ground hard when I get back but will enjoy it while I am there.  Oh yeah, and in the middle of that week I get to fly to Chicago to see Oprah!  I am not sure if life can get any better!  I hope you are have a great week planned ahead of you too!  
Murn

2 comments:

  1. Sarah's having twins? Wow! Have fun in Auburn and at Oprah. I am seriously feeling very jealous right now. Some people have all the fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes she is! A boy and a girl! Due right after christmas! Who would of ever thought we would have 2 sets of twins in our family? (Ruth has twins too!)

    ReplyDelete