Ticker

Sunday, August 29, 2010

staying on track

I am hell bound and determined to not gain terrible amounts of weight on this vacation to the south.  This morning I made a quick trip to Wal Mart to make sure I had good choices to go with what my mom had prepared for lunch.  I did my okra (which I think I am the only that liked it....fine...more for me!) and ate a lot of salad.  Tonight when the homemade ice cream machine came out I went back to the store to get a watermelon.  
This afternoon I wanted to move.  Sadly it was raining but we (me and the kids) needed to not be cooped in the house anymore.  We went on a drive with my dad which ended at the coliseum on campus where we could walk.  Small problem is kids are not really into exercise!  They goofed around a bit but were quickly ready to go.  We went on a short walk around the stadium but that was all they seemed to have in them.  I needed more.  
Tonight after dinner my mom and I went on a nice walk.  I dont know how far we went (she seems to think it was very far....I think in reality it was probably 5ish miles.)  We walked at a good pace and I am feeling good that I got my movement in for the day.  
I am a bit nervous about weighing in tomorrow.  #1 I dont have my home scale so I have no idea where I am.  I dont like surprises....ESP on the scale!  By weighing in every morning at home I always know where I am and what my weigh in is going to look like.  #2 I know there is variation scale to scale.  I dont care that WW says they calibrate them.  I still think there is some variation....which is why I always weigh in on the same one at WW.  I'll keep you posted. 
Went to church this morning with the family.  Lightning didnt strike (at least not me at church) and it made my parents happy.  Here is a pic with niece and nephews!  Love these guys!

Murn

3 comments:

  1. First of all, you look AMAZING in that picture! And Sarah's kids are adorable. Good grief. My parents were excited to see you at church too. I asked my dad and he said you looked ebullient. Go look that one up. I sure had to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Murn...you look GREAT!!! That dress really shows off your progress. This needs to be your new sidebar picture. And you also need to cross off "Weigh less than 208 lbs" from your big goals because you are there girl!!

    I hope you have a fabulous time in Chicago. I am so super jealous that you're going, but super excited for you! I can't wait to hear/read about it! Please tell your family hello for me...and play a game or two of canasta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My GOODNESS lady you look fabulous and I am completely coveting your dress!!

    ReplyDelete