Ticker

Monday, August 16, 2010

I grew up in a meat and potato family.  Every night like clockwork my mom would serve up a dinner, a starch (99% of the time it was white rice or instant potatoes) and an iceberg lettuce salad at 6pm on the dot.  We had a next door neighbor that was very much into gardening and quite southern.  The Dyers always had a HUGE garden.  I remember as a kid hearing my brother come home from playing over there and telling all of us that they were having a vegetable dinner.  Thats all they were going to eat....vegetables!  As a kid I could not think of much worse than that!  

Fast forward about 25 years....
Yesterday I went to the farmers market here in Walnut Creek.  I had a hard time restraining myself.  I wanted to buy it all.  My friend Karin also had brought me a sack of zucchini and cucumbers from her mom's garden.  I could hardly restrain myself on all the goodness!!!  Tonight I am going to do a dinner of veggies with a desert of strawberries!  YUMMY!


Murn

No comments:

Post a Comment