Ticker

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Oprah!

I have been a fan of Oprah for as long as I can remember.  My friend Lance makes fun of me because The Oprah Show is the only show I actually keep up on on my DVR.  Last year my friend Jewell and I started trying to get tickets for her show.  Everytime I go to her website it is not open to applications for tickets so I had pretty much given up crossing that off my bucket list.  Yesterday I got a text from Jewell saying the window for tickets was open.  Sadly I was at work and it was very busy so I could not go apply.  Today she called to tell me she got tickets!!!!  She is taking me!  Problem is I was going to be in Alabama.  She asked if my sister would like to go too!!!  (Have I mentioned how much Jewell rocks!????)  Anyways....after some arranging and many phone calls we are all meeting in Chicago for Oprah!

I have no idea what the show is going to be on.  I dont care!  I mean...I would love for it to be her favorite things (wrong time of year for that though!)   I am so thrilled I am going!!!!!!  The night before I will be in Chicago with Sarah (my sister) and the night of I will be there with Jewell.  Jewell and I have reservations to go to Oprah's old chef Art Smith's restaurant.  This is another thing on my list!  I am so happy!
I must say that I am so so so glad I have lost weight before going to Oprah.  I would hate to be on national television at 271lbs!!!   I need to go shopping tomorrow for something stunning to wear!!!

Thank you Ms Winfrey for inviting us to Chicago to spend some time with you!
Murn

1 comment:

  1. How cool! You're a lucky girl. It might be her favorite things though. Maybe they tape it 4 months in advance...you never know. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete