Ticker

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

50 pounds

Sorry I didn't have the energy to post yesterday.  I went to WW yesterday and was praying I had hit my 50 lbs mark.  I would of been so utterly bummed if I had not hit it.  As I stood on the scale, I said..."please tell me I hit 50, please tell me I hit it!"  My leader said...."perhaps M you are a bit too hard on yourself.  You know you have lost 10 lbs in the last month."  Sadly I didnt care.  I was all about the 50.  Well luckily I hit it.  Perhaps I am a bit hard on myself.
Yesterday Laura came over.  She had been telling me she had a present for when I hit 50 lbs.  We already had it planned that Laura was going to come over to bike ride at 11.  She brought her present for me.  It was 50 pounds of English money in a frame.  I LOVE it!  How creative is she!?
Laura and I went on a 2.5 mile run then a 15 mile bike ride to celebrate.  We stopped in at Whole Foods again on the way home to enjoy some Watermelon and some crack peanut butter.  My whole foods has an area where you grind your own peanut butter.  One of the types they have is honey roasted peanuts!  It is like crack to me!  Anyways...I introduced Laura to it.  My mouth waters just thinking about it!  I can not get enough to bring home because that is something I really would have no self control over.  NONE!  
Today Harmony is coming over with Cali to ride bikes.  I have my doctors apt this afternoon.  Last year my dear doctor sat me down to tell me I had to get control of my weight.  She gave me a long talk on changing what I eat as well as adding exercise in.  I am excited to tell her this year I listened and have done as she said.  
Hope all of you have a great day!
Murn

4 comments:

  1. Congrats. I know that must be such a great day. I also believe you did such a great job of celebrating in non-food ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. forgot to ask why you were going to the dr, how did she take the news?~~~Harm

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look awesome - congrats on the loss and the awesome workout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on losing 50 pounds!!! And I love that gift - so creative and meaningful. Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete