Ticker

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Off day

I had decided to day was going to be an "off day" from exercising.  I have done something everyday for 10 days so I thought I deserved it.  That was until I was unloading my groceries and Hannah texted me.  I jumped in the car to go walk with her in San Francisco.
Hannah is a runner.  She and Laura are my biggest cheerleaders and I love them dearly.  Well we started out.  The first mile sucked.  I had told Hannah my goal was to run 3 miles.  My previous most run was 2.5 miles.  After the first mile I was not sure I was going to make it to mile 2.  Well I hit my stride and actually ran 3.5 miles.  I felt so good at one point I ran 1.5 miles without stopping for my walk break.
It felt great and I must say I am proud of myself.  Now I have to paint the full picture.  It is sunset.  We are running at Crissy fielf in SF with the sun setting behind the Golden Gate Bridge!  Not sure I could of imagined a prettier setting.
Maybe tomorrow will be my exercise off day!

Hope you had a great Sat as well!
Murn

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome place to run! I love that area and how pretty it is at any time of day but especially sunset :) and big big big kudos on making it 3.5 miles!

    ReplyDelete