Ticker

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day



Happy Father's Day to all of you!  I need to start by saying I have been very blessed with a great dad!  I thought I would post a few pictures here to show what a great dad he is!  (Yes, that is me with 70s plan fashion pants!)
Dad taught me many things.  He is an expert at sampling oatmeal chocolate chip cookies...he likes extra cinnamon. 
When dad and I are in the same city, we typically end a day with a game of canasta.  One of my fond memories of dad is playing games on Sunday afternoon.  He is always "playing defensively."
My dad is a great grandfather.  He is willing to do just about anything for the grandkids.
My dad is a retired Fisheries professor.  Yes folks....my dad teaches about fish.  Perhaps all the time I have spent in stinky hot fish hatcheries is why I strongly dislike eating fish.  A fond memory was just about every Saturday of my childhood was spend out at the Auburn University fish ponds.  I think it was dad's way of giving my mom a break from all of us 4 kids but it was good times!  One of us (usually my brother) inevitably got into a fire ant hill and ended up getting dunked in the lake to get the ants off.  Dad has taken the tradition of fishing to the next generation.  He also has taught them to canoe like he did with us.  Only diffrence is when I was a kid I remember him fishing while I rowed...with the grandkids he seems to remember to row too!
My dad is always up for an adventure.  According to my mom, when dad asked her to get married she replied "but I haven't traveled the world yet" to which my dad replied "I think we can do that together."  My parents have lived all over the world including Libya, Philippines, Bangladesh, South Africa and a short stint in China.  Mom now wants to have a passport burning party!  I joined mom and dad in China and did a whirlwind tour with them.  It was great!
I have a great dad!  I hope all of you have great memories with your dads too!
Murn

3 comments:

  1. You do have a great dad, Marion! One of my favorites (my own dad is still my favorite, of course). What I really love about your dad is that he calls me Catherine the Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...I LOVED this post! It brought tears to my eyes. You have an awesome father and are truly blessed. That picture of ya'll playing canasta brought back so many memories of all of our crazy games!! I haven't played in AGES...probably the last time was with YOU!

    I know I posted it on FB, but congrats (again) on your 50 lb accomplishment. That truly is AWESOME! I am so happy for you and proud of you. You're doing an amazing job and are looking so radiant! Miss you Murn...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, seriously, made me cry. Guess I cant claim to be the only Daddy's girl. We all adore him. Love to post celebrating the hero in our lives. Nobody takes care of a Great Green Grover Girl better. Love you, Dad!

    ReplyDelete