Ticker

Sunday, June 20, 2010

What a beautiful day!

This has been a very mild summer so far in Northern California.  Today was perfect weather...in the 70s and sunny!  I went for a long bike ride.  I started out by going to the farmers market that is a few miles from my house.  The produce there was so spectacular looking.  My good friend had already been there and bought me some cherries and strawberries and since I knew I was going on a long ride I just looked and didnt buy anything.  Here is a picture of the farmers market today:

The ride continued to Alamo then back to walnut creek.  Along Iron Horese Trail there were these girls selling lemonade for ARF.  Made me feel like I lived in a small town so I asked them to pose for a picture (after I bought a glass of lemonade of course!)

After riding quite a ways I felt like I had not tackled any hills so I went to Lime Ridge to try to bike up a big hill as far as I could.  Sadly I didnt make it too far up the hill but I am sure after time I will make it up it!  Here is a view once I got up on the ridge!

After my bike ride I went to the gym and swam for a mile (took me 50 minutes.)  Sadly the scale is up.  It is up several pounds.  I am not happy about it but will keep plugging along.  I think I'm holding onto fluid due to my time of the month.  I'm going to keep plugging along!  I am not looking forward to Monday's weigh in.  Arg!
Murn








2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! I'm sure it's a temporary setback. Good for you getting all that exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it's temporary too!! That is a ton of stuff and sometimes my car gets tired going up that hill so it's awesome you biked up it!

    ReplyDelete