Ticker

Saturday, June 26, 2010

What a difference a day makes!

I went to the gym yesterday before the pool party.  I struggled to run 2 miles.  I had nothing left after that.  Today I went to the gym with a 2 mile run in mind.  I ran 2 miles and felt so great I kept going.  I ran 3 miles before I took my first break.  I walked 0.2 miles then felt like I needed to run again!  I ran another mile for a total of 4 miles!  I have never run 3 miles straight and I have never run 4 miles so it was 2 firsts today!
I then went to Laura's house for a 10 mile bike ride.  It was hot!  It was windy!  And it was a lot hillier trail than I am use to!  I it was a strenuous 10 miles for me.
Here is the amazing thing.  In Jan when I started this...I would walk on the treadmill for 2 miles at 3.2 mph.  I am now running at 4.8 mph for 4 miles.   I am planning on doing a 10K (6.2 miles) in November and I am not worried at all.  I am confident I can run that far by then.  If I can do this anyone can!  Just get out there and start walking!
Murn

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Marion! That's amazing. I hate running so I'll just enjoy it through you.

    ReplyDelete