Ticker

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hello, My name is Murn...

Hello, My name is Murn and I am a food addict.  This morning I weighed myself and I was up a bit from my Monday weigh in.  Not acceptable.  I got strict about weighing my food for work and wrote everything down.  I have been doing a lot more eye balling lately and going out to eat a bit too much.  Time to get back to the plan.  I might of lost 50lb but I am no where near done.  I packed my gym bag to go there after work today.  Fast Forward to after work....
Was leaving work a bit later than I wanted to but still had time to get the work out in that I wanted.  I got to my car and was surprised to not find my gym bag.  I have to admit that at first I thought my car had been broken into then it occurred to me that no one wants to steel my old gym clothes and shoes.  The i figured I forgot the bag at home.  Going home would not be a big deal but I knew I could not sneak in the house grab the bag and not take Sophie out...which would delay me another 10 minutes.  
I walked in the door...and there sitting by the door was my gym bag, just where I left it.  After I saw the gym bag, my eyes immediately went to a bag of baked lays.  I went straight to it and started eating!  WTF?????  I was suppose to be at the gym.  Chips are my biggest weakness.  I love salt!!!  I have very little control with them around.  I bought the bag for a picnic yesterday with Harmony and Cali.  I had full intentions on sending them home with Harmony but I forgot.  But no....there they were.  In my house...making their way onto my thighs.  I ate 2 handfulls and while I was eating those I started thinking about skipping the gym.  I am happy to say I had a moment where I came to my senses and walked over to the sink and filled the bag with water (yes mom.....I ruined perfectly good food.)  Not going to eat soggy chips!  It scares me how easily I can go back to those old habits.  EKKKK!  Will I ever have control of this?
I did make it to the gym.  I ran 2 miles and walked 0.3.  I biked 2 miles and swam for 16 laps (1/2 mile.) Sadly I would of done longer on the tread mill and in the pool but the gym was closing.  
There are many things I love.  At the top of my list are when my nails are done in a french manicure!  Sadly the pool usually kills my manicure so tonight I took a picture of my pretty nails tonight.  
Last night I went to SF and hung out with Hannah.  We both went to the grocery store (yes...we are wild and crazy girls!)  Hannah told me to try these fiber 1 bars.  I must say I am quite fond of them.  They are 2 points so 1/2 of a luna bar and just as filling (and cheeper!)
I am off work tomorrow and very much looking forward to having some down time.  I am hoping to go for a run and a bike ride.  I hope you all have a great Thursday!
Murn

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome about putting water in the chips bag - sometimes the temptation is just too much!! But I'm glad you made it to the gym after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry, I am not a very good friend. Now I feel bad that I have a warm bum....You know what I mean ~Harmony

    ReplyDelete