Ticker

Thursday, June 3, 2010

get movin'

I have worked the last 2 days...and I have been working in the office not out in the emergency dept.  I feel so BLEH!!!!  I need to get movin!  Sadly I didnt get home until after midnight tonight so I dont think I shoudl go for a bike ride.....but I really want to!  Tomorrow Laura is coming over and we are going for a run and bike ride.  I cant wait!  Who ever thought my fat butt would ever say those words!?  Certainly not me!
As most of you know, I am a sucker for gizmos and gadgets.  I am pretty good about actually using the ones I have too.  My latest one is a "body bug."  It is a gadget I wear on my arm that somehow measures all kinds of things.  Each day you plug it into your computer and it tells you how you did for the day.  I dont think it is 100% accurate but I certainly think it is pretty good.  The gadget cost $170 and then they get ya with a $6/mo fee to use the program to get all info off the thing.  What I love about it is I feel like I get credit for all the exercise I do.  When I walked 8 miles the other day I was excited to come home and see how many steps I had walked.  the reverse is true too.  Today and yesterday I have not done much of anything.....had no motivation to plug the thing in!  It also tells me how much I have slept.  Many days I can correlate how I am feeling with how much I slept.  Here are a few shots of the graphs it generates and the info it tells me.  (FYI..I dont journal my food here....I did it on weight watchers site so my calories consumed is never filled in.)

You can break each section down to show you hour by hour how you did.  The pink is steps taken each hour and the grey bar at the bottom is sleep.  The lighter areas are all the times I woke up during the night.  
I find it a fun toy and am in no way paid by Body media for this endorsement!  If you are interested in more here is the site for the body bug.
I have a day off tomorrow and my only request is to go out and not see any snakes!  Rest assured that if I do see one....I will probably have my camera and report it back to you!
Happy Losing!
Murn

1 comment:

  1. I love my body bugg!! Aren't they great? I think I just really like playing around with all the graphs and tracking everything, but mine has really helped me out in holding me accountable :)

    ReplyDelete