Ticker

Friday, March 26, 2010

bad case of the blahs!

I am still feeling less than great today. I even called in sick to work with hopes if I sleep and take it easy that I will get over this cold much fast than in the past. In the past when a cold gets into my chest I can not shake it for months! (ask my coworkers and little sister....they all complain when I am STILL coughing months later!) I will let you know how this works. So today I have been drinking green tea and resting. I am starting to get a bit stir crazy! I cant remember the last day I did nothing! Tomorrow I am hoping to get up in the morning and if I am feeling ok I want to go walk. (typing this made me want to make plans...calling Harmony....stand by to see if she is available to walk tomorrow....)

So tomorrow I am going to go walking with Harmony then maybe go out on the boat with her and her family. I am going to get stuff to make my yummy pasta salad on the way over there. Recipe and pictures on tomorrow's post.

This morning I was not in the mood for my oatmeal that I had prepped. I have found a yummy pancake mix that is not too bad for me. 3 pancakes of Fiber one pancakes are 3 points. I added blueberries to the mix today but most days I add an apple. I am always trying to sneak fruit and veggies into my foods! I then sliced these awesome strawberries I got at costco earlier this week on the pancakes. I was planning on taking a picture of these pancakes but I had a bit of a flipping mishap so no pictures are available! (they were really ugly pancakes but still pretty yummy!) I put some smart balance light on them then topped them off with sugar free syrup. Delicious! (3 points for pancakes, 2 points butter...went a little overboard with that, 1 point for strawberries and blueberries for a total of 6 points)
Tonight I was wanting comfort foods. I get lazier than my normal lazy when I am not feeling good. I went rumaging in my kitchen looking for something to eat. Torn between what I wanted....and what I knew I should eat. I think I came up with a good compromise.

I cooked some whole wheat pasta. The box said there were 7 servings so I divided up the box of dry pasta into 7 servings before I cooked it. It said one serving was 3/4 cup but I didnt know if that was cooked or not. I put 5 of the servings in individula baggies to cook another time and then cooked 2 servings tonight. For the sauce I used one of my veggie containers I made a couple days ago and are pictured in that post. I chopped the veggies up a lot smaller (2 cups worth) and put them in a skillet. I added 2 servings of tomato sauce and 2 servings of a light alfredo sauce (I like my sauces mixed!) and put them in the skillet with 8 oz of already browned lean ground beef (I keep these for handy cooking in my freezer.) I added about 1/2 cup of water and let all of this cook for a while together to meld flavors as well as cook the veggies. I divided the sauce into 3 servings. Turned into a delicious meal esp after I topped it off with 1/2 oz of parmesan cheese.

I hope all of you are feeling 100%! Dont take your health for granite!
Murn

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon! Now I'm craving Costco strawberries and fiber one pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, about the call during your typing. I so did not want to accept the invite to walk, just because I was putting off my jumpstart. So glad I accepted and now no excuses for me. And no beer with dinner last night. ~Harmony

    ReplyDelete