Ticker

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

a little bit of chicken fried!




I went to see Zac Brown Band tonight in Oakland with Hannah and Deanna! What a great concert! They really put on a fantastic show and are amazingly talented. Before the concert we went to a restaurant called Pican ( but said Pecan.) It is a southern restaurant which seemed very fitting considering what concert we were going to. I had tried to get reservations to a diffrent place that looked a bit healthier but was unsucessful. I enjoyed what I really wanted but I dont think I over indulged. Here is what I had and the points I gave them:
Cornbread:4 pts
Butter on cornbread:2 pts
Salad (noncreamy dressing): 5 pts
Baby Back ribs 4 ribs (I only ate 1/2 of what you see in the picture):10 pts. (I was guessing it was about 6 oz of meat)
Cocktails: 2 pts X2 (had one at the concert too but didnt drink all of either one)

In honor of Zac Brown Band's popular song Chicken Fried, Hannah and Deanna had Fried Chicken and Grits! MMMM!

To prepare for this extravaganza of food I went to the gym and worked my bootie off. I did 30 min on the treadmill. That was a total of 2 miles and I must admit that against several people's advice I jogged 10 min of the first mile. It felt great! I then did 12 min on the bike, 8 minutes of hell on the row machine followed by 20 laps in the pool. I was feeling so great when I got back into the locker room until I discovered I left my locker unlocked and my purse was missing! I quickly went to the front desk where I was thrilled that they had it....except my phone was missing. Sadly it was never turned in so I am off to buy a new phone tomorrow. I can not believe how out of sorts I feel without my schedule or texting abilities!! Its really sad!

Anyways...I came home from the concert tonight and although I really wanted to just get into bed I prepped my meals for the next 3 days as I am working. I will be very glad in the morning. I am not sure how I am going to wake up in the morning as my cell phone was also my alarm clock!

Hope everyone had a lovely day today too and that you all still have your cell phones!
Murn!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no!! Sorry about your phone. I know you must feel sooo naked. Thanks goodness that's all they took though! It's a pain in the arse having to cancel all of your stuff. Now you just have a good excuse to get a fancier phone!!

    ReplyDelete