Ticker

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Better late than never!

I went to bed last night thinking how glorious it was that I could go to bed without having to set my alarm (I even put it on facebook!) I was wide awake at 8 am which was pissing me off! Why waste a perfectly good sleeping in morning being awake? I stayed in bed enjoying not being anywhere! Well come to find out I did have somewhere to go! Laura and I had planned to walk the reservoir this morning! OOOPPPS! She called....I jumped out of bed to meet her. It was a beautiful morning out there with Sophie (my dog), Laura (my friend) and Kyra (Laura's german sheppard.) It amazes Laura and myself that Sophie and Kyra really get along quite well. Sophie was not crazy about sittng next to her but she is not good at the "sit" command in general. Come to think about it she has no tricks....as she is spoiled and rotten.


Tonight I was really craving foods that are not going to help me hit my 10% loss goal on monday! Roundtable Maui Zaui Pizza and a big piece of vanilla cake were calling my name!!! So far I have managed to avoid those temptations but I did make a snack and thought I would share it with you! I get the 100 cal popcorn bags. I enjoy the kettle corn as well as the butter variety. While the popcorn is still hot I spritz it with the "Grapeseed Popcorn Spritzer" and liberally cover it all in white cheddar seasoning! The grapeseed oil helps the seasoning stick. I CAN NOT stand using tub butters on popcorn! It has too much water in it and makes the popcorn soggy! (thank you Cindy for showing me this product!)
Let me know some great low calorie (low point) snacks!
Murn



3 comments:

  1. Yum! Where do you buy the spritzer and the seasoning? I've never heard of them. Sounds so good right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done some searching cathy! I bought the spritzer at a kitchen store called Sir La Table. Here is the closest location to you (I think):
    10 North Rio Grande Street
    Salt Lake City, UT 84101
    801.456.0280

    I have been using it for a while and the bottle is still quite full. It is a bit pricey (I think it was about $8 for a bottle) but if it makes low cal popcorn good I am all for it.
    The seasoning I buy at my local grocery store. It is in the popcorn section close to where the bag of popcorn kernels and oil you can pop it on the stove with it. I have seen it in many stores so I think you will be able to find it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is a web site that sells the spritzer and a different brand of seasoning but I bet its good. I know its hard to get to the store with 2 little kids!
    http://www.urbanaccents.com/popcorn-oil-spritzer-p/1424.htm

    ReplyDelete