Ticker

Monday, March 15, 2010

Food

I love food. I have loved as long as I can remember. I did not use to like "healthy" foods. I was more of a snack food eater...all day long. Lately I have been craving things like Spinach and butternut squash. Huh? Me? I find it as hard to believe as you do. Now I do not want to mislead you and say that I dont have moments where I still want a HUGE bag of cheetos! (mmmmm...Cheetos! ....orange fingers and all! )Since my WW leader said I had to eat all my points I did go get a few snacks this last week. I bought serveral of the 100 cal packs. Mostly I find they just leaving me wanting more. I did find one tasty snack. They are a bit expensive but a tasty sweet and salty snack for 2 points.

I have another secret to my success. I have started eating at my table. I put the food I am eating in containers for how many servings. For instance, tonight I made rice-a-roni (well an off brand of the san francisco treat.) I calculated up the points for the container for 3 servings (the box said 2.5 servings but that was 6 points a serving so I spread it out a bit more.) I put a serving on my plate for dinner tonight then I put 2 more containers out for left overs. If I left it to serve as much as I wanted for dinner I would eat way more than 1/3 of the box. Anyways....many times when I am done eating my dinner (or lunch/breakfast) I am still wanting to eat more. I have a big bowl of fruit of all colors and sizes. I allow myself as much out of the fruit bowl as I want. (Please ignore the scratches on my table!)
Laura and I were on the way to my house then the gym after work. Sadly I had to go to Fry's to pick up some earphones (mine were missing since they were on my iphone when it disappeared.) Laura's car was hit in the parking lot so that put an end to us working out. I am happy to say that all were ok but it was a sucky end to the day for her. I came home and cooked and am getting ready for bed now. I am way behind on my sleep and since I walked over 8 miles yesterday I am giving myself a pass for today.
Murn

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're doing great, Marion! The bowl of fruit is a great idea. My weakness is baking. I love it. And then I eat what I baked. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete