Ticker

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Murn's non-pasta salad, pasta salad!

I have created a pasta salad that I love. I do not like the normal grocery store pasta salad. I hate onions and mayo which are staples in most pasta salads. I have created my own and I must say it is pretty damn good! No two times are the same but I have a set of ingredients that I love in it. Here it is:
Boil a bag of twisty noodles. Drain them and set them aside. They can not be hot when you put them with all the veggies or they will all wilt! (no one likes a wilted cucumber!) I then take a package of turkey kielbasa and slice it longways once and then make slices. (where you get 2 half circles.) Sizzle those in a skillet til browned and yummy! Let those cool too (remember.....no wilting the veggies!) I have tried several varieties of turkey kielbasa. I like Hillshire Farm best by far. I do not like Trader Joe's.
I then put all of these things in a big bowl:
1 cucumber, diced up
1 zucchini, diced up
1 carrot chopped up
1 bell pepper (I use red cause thats the kind I like best)
1/2 bag of spinach loosely cut up
1 bunch of cilantro chopped up
1 small can of diced olives
1 can of artichoke hearts chopped up
handful of non-oil packed sun dried tomatoes diced up
cut up small squares of extra sharp cheddar

add the sausage and pasta and toss it with:
I use 1/2 the bottle for the above amount. Toss and there you go:

I made this over at Harmony's house today cause she and I had talked about it last night on the phone. Her hubby said that if he was at a buffet and saw it he would never taste it but was shocked how good it was. I told him I am not a pasta salad person either....hence the name. After eating Harmony and I went on a lovely 4.2 mile walk. It was a perfect day to be outside.


This last week I have been having a problem with my shirts. The necks are too big for me now. I didn't anticipate this. I am constantly shifting my shirts around so I am not showing my bra etc. I went to the store and bought 3 shirts in a smaller size. I was hoping to not have to do this. I wanted to keep wearing my big shirts longer. I have pants in a size smaller (12 pairs to be exact!) so I have pants at this point. I will report when I have to get more pants. Hoping it is soon!

Hiking with Amelia in the morning. Pictures to follow!
Murn

No comments:

Post a Comment