Ticker

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Go take a hike!

About a month ago I ordered a book from Amazon called 60 hikes within 60 miles of San Francisco. Somehow I ordered 2 so I gave the extra copy to Amelia. Amelia, Laura and I made plans to go hike Briones today.

Briones trail has you climb up in the hills between Martinez and Orinda. It is a bunch of rolling big hills that have cows everywhere. Here we are before we start:
This is taken once we got up in the hills. There is a road you can see below.....we started down there.
I am looking rough here. It was a hard climb up but oh so worth it!!!
Its hard to see it but the bay is out there!
I hope you can see why California cows are so happy! They have some of the best views! Wisconsin cows are not looking at the San Francisco bay!
I got a bit muddy! My friends managed to avoid the mud. Guess messes follow me where I go!

Overall I think we hiked about 5 miles (it was suppose to be 4.4 miles but I lead us a bit off the trail...a couple of times!)

So who wants to hike next time with me????
Murn!

2 comments: