Ticker

Monday, March 15, 2010

What is your defining sentence?

I walked in the city with Hannah tonight. She asked me if I had anythings I repeated over and over when I am walking or running. I told her I had a few. One is from "A Million Little Pieces" and is Hold On. It is true for exercise or food....hold on and it will pass. If I resist the temptation will go away or if I hold on I will get done with this workout. Another is from a fishy friend....Nemo, "Just keep swimming." I also do the mean talking....."you have been fat all your life....want to stay that way...then go ahead and stop this walk." Anyways....what was my theme was on my head. Then on the drive home I was listening to the "soul series" on Oprah radio (usually a show I turn the channel immediately.) Today she had a guy on there that said everyone shoudl have their defining sentence. His was "make today better than yesterday." So I thought the whole drive home about what my theme sentence is. Here is what I came up with:
I dont need one sentence for the rest of my life. I think I can have different sentences for different chapters in my life. So what is my sentence for this journey? I thought of many but kept coming back to the same one. I know it will make many roll their eyes and yes....I was a supporter but this is not about the man that made this famous. Its about what it means. "YES I CAN!" I have made so many excuses over my life as to why I was not at the top of my list. I am done with the excuses and I am going to think about how I CAN make the changes.

Quickly let me recap the day....walked with Amelia at the reservoir 3 hilly miles. I went to work for 4 hours (a little extra work never hurts) then Hannah asked me to come to the city to walk. So I walked an additional 5 miles with her. I will tell you my feet are in pain but I walked a little over 8 miles and worked 4 hours with a good bit of walking. Hannah and I talked some about running and the joy of it so I even did a couple spurts of running. I am pleased.

Not going to WW tomorrow. Mia and I have a computer training class from 8am-4pm. I am going on wed at 9 am so look for that update on Wed.

I would love to hear what any of your life sentences are.

Murn

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I've never thought of a defining sentence. However, here's something I *try* to strive for.

    "I will be the best that I can be in whatever role I am found in."

    This could mean as an employee, mother, wife, sister, daughter, friend, student, educator, advocate, etc. I want to try and always give my best to those around me. I often feel like I am being pulled in so many different directions at the same time between working full time, my other two part-time jobs, being a good mother, an attentive wife, supportive friend, etc. It's so hard to juggle everything, but I want to strive to be my best at the moment, in whatever role I am currently fulfilling. Sometimes that is VERY hard to do, but it's dang sure worth trying for.

    Murn, thanks for inspiring me in more ways than you will evern know. YES YOU CAN! :-)

    ReplyDelete