Ticker

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Every once in a while...

Today I was a real Emergency Dept nurse. On many of my shifts I am there as an educator to the staff so I am in an office working on "stuff." BUt today I was in the ED with a full patient assignment. I enjoy being a real nurse but as you can imagine it has its challenges. Today was a good shift. All of my patients needed to be there. All of my patients appreciated me being their nurse. I didnt have one single drug seeker trying to manipulate me to get their fix. I didnt have one rude patient who was asking for excessive number of warm blankets or ice chips (how is it that EVERYONE knows we have those 2 things???) There was one code that we worked on for a while but were unsuccessful in getting back. Sadly that is just part of the job. I came home being proud of my profession and happy to be a nurse. It was just a day that clicked and I am glad I was there for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment