Ticker

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

2 miles!

I went to the gym tonight. On my way there I realized something that has happened in the last few weeks.  I packed my bag for the gym before I left for work this morning.  I got off work...and went to the gym.  I never had the internal fight about going.  I was actually looking forward to going.  Strange.  I might be enjoying exercise.  I am not going to get too excited about this yet (might be a new symptom of PMS that I didn't know about.)

Here is the even better part.  I think I had my hardest workout to date.  I jogged 1 mile then walked 0.05 miles then ran 1/2 mile then walked 0.05 again then ran another 1/2 mile.  I ran a total of 2 miles with only 0.1 walking total as breaks.  (I ran til 2.1 was on the treadmill so I really did run the 2 miles.)  I then walked another mile to cool down.  I didn't bike today.  I wasn't feeling it!  I did go get in the pool and I swam a mile which took me 54 minutes.  I am a slow swimmer!  I don't stress too much on speed in the water.  I figure I am moving my fat butt through the water....and that ain't easy!

I just want to recap in Jan where I started at.  I would walk 2 miles on the treadmill at 3.2 mph and that was pushing it.  I now jog at 4.5 (I will speed that up over time) and walk now at 3.8 mph.

I looked last night for a 5K in a month or so to register for but can not find any local ones.  I'll keep looking!

Going to only take Sophie for a walk tomorrow.  I am reading a book about beginning to run (thank you Laura) and it suggests that I should have a rest day between runs in the beginning.  So I am going to be an obedient girl and try to follow the guidelines.  An injury right now would be very sad for me!

Hope you had a good day!
Murn

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Marion! I hate running. You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete