Ticker

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope all of you had a spectacular Mother's day.  I am very blessed with a wonderful mother myself.  She is in Iowa right now helping to take care of my Grandmother (who has a broken leg....just found this out today....no one tells me anything!!)  My mom even came out last year to help me move!  That is pure love!  Thanks mom for all you do for all of us kids!  

I went to lunch at our favorite Thai food restaurant with Cindy.  Cindy and I have been going to this restaurant together for years.  Today I picked good choices....and here is the amazing thing.  I didn't order what I have ordered at that restaurant every other time I have gone there.  I usually get spring rolls and yellow curry chicken (with no onions.)  Spring rolls are fried and the curry chicken has cocoanut milk in it (not healthy!)  I had a spicy soup without cocoanut milk in it.  I then went for a green curry with chicken and peanuts.  It turned out to be delicious (I picked out the eggplant....a tad slimy for me!)  Not sure if I have ever put on here that I am a picky eater.  I am getting slightly better but there is still a long list of foods I really dislike!

I came home to have my stomach TORE up!  I don't think it was from the restaurant.  I had one episode of diarrhea in the morning before going out so I think this was something I picked up at the dear place I work at.  Anyways....spent the afternoon between bed and the toilet.  I am happy to say that I drifted off to bed and woke up feeling WAY better.  

I didn't exercise since I was having such tummy troubles!  I only had about 10 seconds to get to the bathroom once I knew I needed it so I stayed home and was lazy.  I don't think I ate all my points and I know quite a few came up and didn't get absorbed.  Tomorrow is weigh in day so we'll see how I did!

Today was a bit of a bummer day for me.  Not sure why I get in a funk of mother's day but I do sometimes.  Might be because I am president-elect of the Baron Women's Club and its not looking like that is going to change any time soon!  What do I do when I am bummed?  Yup....EAT!!  Tonight I was craving strawberry shortcake (like my mom made when she came to my house!)  I have no idea how many points this was.  I made the shortcakes out of bisquick (the recipe is on the box) and did use smart balance light instead of real butter.  The strawberry shortcake was delicious and really hit the spot.  It did also help me eat a large serving of DELICIOUS strawberries!


Hope your day is filled with Strawberry Shortcake too!
Murn

No comments:

Post a Comment