Ticker

Monday, May 3, 2010

Beautiful day!

Hannah, Holly and I met to hike at Briones in Orinda today.  It could not of been a better day for a hike.  The temperature was 80, blue sky and great company.  
After the hike Hannah came over.  I made a new soup from a Weight Watchers.  I'll post it how I made it.  
Spicy Black Bean Soup
1 onion (I left this out b/c I hate onions!)
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 large zucchini, sliced into small pieces
3 red bell peppers, diced into small pieces
1 jalapano pepper, seeds thrown away and diced into small pieces
3 (15 1/2 oz) can black beans, undrained
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 (14 1/2 oz) can vegetable broth
1 (14 1/2 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies (like rotel)
1 (11 oz) can sweet corn, drained

Spray large pot with nonstick spray and place over medium-high heat.  Add the onion, garlic, zucchini, bell peppers, and jalapeno.  Saute the veggies until limp.  Add 2 cans of beans, cumin, crushed red pepper and broth.  Use a submergible blender (or put all the ingredients in a blender) and puree.  Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer uncovered until slightly thickened, 20-25 minutes.  Serves 8

Per 1 1/2 cup serving Cal 186, Fat 0 , Fiber 10g, protein 10g  3 weight watchers points.  

Recipe adapted and taken from Best Eats by Weight Watchers.  

(I added the bell peppers, zucchini and jalapeno so the nutritional count might be slightly off. )

Side Note: I am not a fan of slimmy things in my soup so I pureed my tomatoes too.  

I served this soup with cornbread which was a ice addition but added a lot of points (because I pigged out on 2 1/2 muffins!)  But I am happy I stayed under (barely) in my point count for the day!

I weigh in tomorrow.  I am really hoping to hit 40lbs but I am not sure I can lose 1.8 lbs from thurs to monday!  Wish me luck!  I am really wanting my water proof MP3 player that I can swim with.  That is what I am rewarding myself with when I lose 40lbs!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Murn

No comments:

Post a Comment