Ticker

Friday, May 28, 2010

Good day!

Today was the release of Sex and the City 2.  I have loved all of the pervious shows and last movie.  I feel like I have close family like relationships with many of my friends much like the girls.  I also love NYC where it is filmed!  Jewell and I went to see the movie tonight.  It was good...but I didn't leave the theater loving it.
After the movie I came home to cook some food for the next 2 days since I am working.  I have been reading a lot of blogs about weight loss with lots of recipes.  I found a blog where you make a dish like this and I made it for tomorrow at work:
Brussel Sprouts and Sausage:
1/3 lbs turkey sausage sliced and sauteed in a pan (with Pam)
about 8 Bressel Sprouts, cut up finely
1 clove of garlic

I sautéed the brussel spouts and garlic in about a tsp of hot oil for about 7-8 minutes (until getting brown).  I added sauteed turkey sausage to pan and mixed together and YUM!  I added a few carrotts to the brussel sprouts too just to use up what I had.  Here is the blog I found this recipe on.
While I cook I always have a little company.  Miss Sophie is almost always in this position ready to catch any food that might drop.  (yes...I know....she needs a trip to the groomer!)
Next thing I made tonight was a Cream of Zucchini Soup:
Cream of Zucchini Soup
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 4 servings  Time: 25 minutes  Points: 1 ww points

• 1/2 small onion, quartered
• 2 cloves garlic
• 3 small zucchini skin on cut in large chunks
• 32 oz fat free chicken stock
• 2 tbsp lite sour cream
• salt
• pepper

Combine chicken broth, onion, garlic and zucchini in a medium pot and cook on medium heat.

Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Purée: Add the sour cream. Using an immersion blender, purée till smooth.

Stir in remaining ingredients, and adjust seasonings to taste. Serve hot.

Optional: Top with 2 tsp parmesan cheese - 1 point extra 


Murn's changes: I have made this soup twice....once I added red bell peppers (which are a great addition to this soup), I always leave out the onion.  Today's soup I added carrots to and they were tasty!  This is a great soup for very low points and its a great way to get your veggies in!!!  I divide this into 2 large servings for 2 points each.

Hope you get some great ideas for things to cook!  Have a great Memorial weekend!
Murn

1 comment:

  1. Have a safe & great MDW. Miss Sophie is too adorable!

    ReplyDelete