Ticker

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Thats what Friends are For!

I know I have said this over and over....but I have the best friends ever.  This morning I woke up to my friend Jewell asking if I wanted to come wash my car at her house.  She and I have talked about how that is something I miss from my house.  Washing my car is not a chore I hate.  What I hate is paying someone to do it.  So I went over to her house and we washed cars together.
After the car wash I went on a long walk with Meg and our pooches.  I knew I needed to plan out my meals for the week and get situated to make this a successful week!  I went to Costco and Safeway.  Sadly at Safeway I threw all my bags in the trunk only to discover after I closed it that I didn't have my keys.  I knew I had to have them when I opening the trunk.  ARGGG!  Luckily I had my cell phone on me.  I called Jewell.  She jumped right in the car to come rescue me!  My house key was in the trunk too so I wasnt sure how we were going to get my keys out!  I did leave the sunroof open because Sophie was in the car.  I knew I was not getting my fat ass through the sunroof but my skinny-minni (she has lost a ton of weight and is looking so great!)  friend might....and DID!!!
Here is a picture of jewell scooting through my sunroof.  At this particular moment she and I were laughing historically!  Imagine.....legs kicking out the top of a car at 5pm in a bust parking lot!  She was a life saver!  
So I came home and started prepping.  If I had to list 2 things that are the key to my success I would say exercise is #1 and #2 is prep work.  The next 5 days in my life are going to be busy so I want my meals all ready to go.  Here is what I made:
Fruit cups.  I still like to eat and eat a lot!!!  I have to fill myself with fruit and veggies.  I made these fruit cups.  They are pineapple, raspberries. blueberries and strawberries. I will add fiber one yogurt (1pt) and go lean crunch 1/2 serving (0.5 pts).  What a delicious snack!!!
I then cut up 5 apples (1pt each) and made 5 servings of oatmeal (2 pts each).  I sizzled 5 links of my favorite sausage (2 pts each) to add to the top of the oatmeal.  Breakfast is served for the next 5 days!
I made 5 spinach salads (0 pts), dressings 1pt and my favorite goat cheese (1.5 pts).
I then made beef fajitas for 4 servings.  I had 6 bell peppers in it, beef, black beans.  Packaged up fat free sour cream in one serving containers, put the tortillas in zip locks so its all ready to go.  (I get most of my containers at smart and final.  I am wasteful and hope to get better at this in the future!)

Tonight I also talked to Lance, my bestest friend.  He lives in Mississippi.  We have amazingly been able to maintain our deep friendship after 10 years of living across the country from each other.  He is also on the weight loss journey.  We have been on this journey many times together only to drop off and get back in old habits.  Lance even did the crazy liquid diet with me to support me when we were in NYC!!!  Lance has lost 25 lbs since Jan.  He and I had a really encouraging talk tonight.  He knows me better than anyone and he supports me better than anyone.  Due to scheduling issues and life I have not gotten to talk to him as much as I have at other times in our friendship.  I have missed that and am making him and our friendship a higher priority.   Here is a picture of both of us when I was back home about 6 weeks ago.
I am so incredibly grateful for all my friends love and support through all of this and my blonde stupid moves like locking my keys in my car!  Thank you all of you, including my online support team many of you that I do not know in person!  
Murn

1 comment:

  1. Just made the tatiest lunch the other day. Butternut squash ravioli (fresh and easy), sauted in about 1 tsp butter. Sprinkle on fresh nutmeg, aziago cheese and goat cheese crumbles (thanks for the recommend- I LOVE it). Super tasty and not too bad if you keep the cheese portions tiny. YUM!

    ReplyDelete