Ticker

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Surfs Up

My brother John invited me to go to Pacifica today with him, his friends, and his son Peyton.  It was a beautiful day yet a bit chilly!
Here I am with Mr P and his serious face!  Don't let his spiderman sunglasses make you think he is anything but all business!
Here is John and Peyton.
My brother is Mr Extreme Sportsman.  I am the exact opposite.  We are only 16 months apart yet we are quite different in every way.  Here is he catching a wave.  Surfing does not call my name AT all esp after my brother told me there are great white sharks in those waters.  Yeah, no thanks.  I like my legs.
Who needs a sand chair when you can sit on jagged rocks to read your book.  I sure love this little guy!
While my brother was surfing P and I got hungry.  The only place to get food was Taco Bell.  I have not eaten at a taco bell since before Jan.  I had 2 tacos so I think I did ok.  After the beach I went to see my coworker that has a baby at Children's Hospital.  Her baby has been there for over a week and they are not sure when she is going home but are facing 6 months of chemo and a bone marrow transplant.  She was willing for me to get her out of that place and go to dinner....so of course I took her!  She picked a BBQ place!  EKKKK!   I had a pulled pork sandwich.  Side options were fries, potato salad or cole slaw.  Besides the fact that the later 2 are high in calories and fat, I dont like either one of them.  Have a mentioned that I am a picky eater?  (not too picky I guess since I ate my way to 271lbs!)  So I had fries.  When I got home I put on my walking shoes and started walking.  I didn't really have a goal in mind when I started out but about 1/3 of the way I decided I should walk 8 miles.  Not sure why I picked 8 miles....I guess I knew I could walk that far since I did it for Bay to Breakers.  Midway on the walk....what do I almost run over with my feet but a frekin' SNAKE!!!!  What is the deal with me and snakes????  I was on a nice paved trail that has lots of people also walking on it!  Thank goodness this little guy is just a baby but come on!!!!  I am VERY scared of snakes!!!  Go away!  (the quality of this snake picture is not great cause I took the pic with my iphone and then zoomed a bunch on the computer!)
I have a Garmin that I wear sometimes to help me make sure I walk as far as I think I did.  Sadly this gizmo dosn't pick up til I have already walked 0.25 miles.  I didn't say I walked it very fast but I did it all.  Miss Sophie was a trooper and walked happily next to me the whole way.  She was not so happy at the beginning of mile 7 when I passed by the turn off for home to go the long way home.  She has not walked this far so she did a great job for a small pooch!
Tomorrow is suppose to be my weigh in day.  I think I will his my 50 lbs but I am not positive.  Sadly Weight watchers is closed for the holiday!  Whats that about???  Don't they know I need to weigh in tomorrow so I know I hit my 50 lbs loss???????  Either way I think I am going to go pick out a bike.  :)

Finally I can not have Memorial day pass and not say a very special thanks to all men and women that serve now and have served in the past in the Military.  I am truly thankful!
Murn

No comments:

Post a Comment