Ticker

Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy New Bike and More snakes!

Last night after I made my post I looked for Miss Sophie.  This is how I found her.  Completely knocked out not moving a muscle!  8 miles of walking wore the girl out!
Well I weighted at my house this morning and no...I don't think I am going to hit my 50 lbs weight loss this week but it was such a BEAUTIFUL day I couldn't resist...I went to get a bike.  I bought it at Clayton Bikes (thanks CJ for recommending the shop...they were great!)  I got all the accessories I wanted.  My bike is a hybrid bike but a "step through" which looks a lot like a beach cruiser.  I cruised over tot he Jewell's house to show off my new bike.  
One of the accessories I bought was a basket for the front of my bike.  I am hoping to put Sophie in there for my rides so she is not left at home.  On my inaugural ride I didn't bring sophie but I plan on bringing her in the near future!  We did try out the basket at home....here is Sophie trying out her basket.  
Now...Yesterday I complained about seeing another snake.  The snake is part of the reason I went for a bike!  I feel a bit safer on a bike than walking where a snake can bite me!  I was telling the Jewell's about the snake I saw yesterday.  Sure enough I was not on the trail to home more than 5 minutes when I came across another SNAKE that was laying across the trail like he owned it!  
I am waiting for my professor father to look at this and tell me he (yes...I decided all snakes are a he) is harmless.  I think this is the same type snake as the baby I saw yesterday.  Maybe a corn snake?  Either way....I am NOT a fan!  Hoping this is my last snake posting for the year!
Hope all of you had a great Memorial day!
Murn

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for a new bike! It looks like fun. I love the little basket. I love seeing your "today" picture and then to the right, your "before" picture. All I can say is HOLY FREAKIN' AMAZING! You have come so far. You look great. How on earth do you have 80 more pounds to go? You're my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the basket and hope Sophie gets to ride in it soon :) I see that we're neighbors - I live in Clayton have been shopping for a bike too, there are so many trails here it seems like it would be perfect for riding!

    ReplyDelete